There are a lot of tasks to execute, manage, and track when you have employees traveling, especially internationally.
If you want to design and manage a corporate travel program that works it is essential to partner a comprehensive
business travel management softwareoption with your corporate travel strategy. The hardest part is to find the travel management solution that best suits you.
The travel management company (TMC) options are many, and in this article, we will help you evaluate core features, main strengths, and user reviews of both SAP Concur solution and CWT, and we have included another option, TravelPerk, that is well worth looking into.
- Concur Expense automates expense reporting, approval, and budgeting processes.
- Concur Invoice offers visibility into travel spending and manages the account payable (AP) process.
- Concur Travel simplifies business travel bookingwith an extensive network of suppliers.
- Integrated travel and expense platform: combines business travel and expense management.
- An integrated corporate travel system: consolidates travel data, enables employees to book and change reservations, and helps to meet the duty of care obligations. The Integration with TripIt Pro helps businesses with negotiated types of rates from suppliers with real-time alerts.
- Automated expense management: offers a large inventory for every budget range to modify spending policies as per business needs, and capture receipts on the go.
- Advanced finance auditing: uses artificial intelligence (AI) and machine learning to uncover fraudulent activities, analyze fund misuse trends, and cross-check expenses for faster reimbursement.
- All-in-one event management: simplifies attendee registration, employee location tracking, and event spending to avoid overspending.
- Automated AP management: enables vendor spending control through informed decisions with dashboards, and streamlines virtual payments with expanded integrations.
- Three-way match: the tool analyzes and matches the purchase order, receipt, and invoice of every payment to identify discrepancies.
- Consultative intelligence and analytics: gain actionable insights and alerts with dashboards and reporting capabilities to create a single source of truth for all stakeholders.
- Quick integrations: connects data points to content from other business applications, including Xero, NetSuite, and Quickbooks for an easy approach to corporate travel management.
“What I like best about SAP Concur is that it is user friendly at the same time it can provide us assistance in managing different business travel and expenses which is very timely in our times of pandemic. SAP Concur also lets us simplify all tasks related to travel management, controlling costs, saving times and boosting productivity.”
- Princess Nouf O., SAP Concur review from G2
“What I dislike about SAP Concur is that their interface is a bit plain which is the reason why it is not standing out among its other competitor application which is more having the best GUI.”
- Princess Nouf O., SAP Concur review from G2
Overall, SAP Concur users like the platform once they become familiar with it. It’s not an intuitive and easy-to-use solution but rather requires training and onboarding for the team.
They focus on B2B4E, business to business for employees, and view the employee or customer experience as key.
“We have always been happy to take advantage of the booking for corporate travel (hotel, transport, and flight) of this company. The network is very well developed worldwide. The accounts are detailed and correct. We save a lot of time.” -
Florian G., CWT review from G2
“Not always provide the best price on the market for hotels, flights, etc. Service levels are very different in countries, poor in France, however good in Poland. They should have kept standards everywhere.”-
Małgorzata N., CWT review from G2
TravelPerk is the fastest-growing business travel company in the world and serves a global market.
Overall, TravelPerk comes out on top on multiple fronts. It finds better rates, solves problems more efficiently, and reduces the total cost of ownership for businesses. TravelPerk strives to provide a travel management platform and experience that makes business travel work for you by offering:
- The biggest travel inventory in the travel industry: It includes a comprehensive source of hotel content,air travel,rail options, and car rentals in one place with unique offerings that include SouthWest Airlines, Amtrak, large hotel chains, and a lot more. The system also gives you access to great pricing options.
- Freedom and Control: employees book for themselves freeing up your resources. Keeps you informed of your business travel costswith business features like built-in travel policies, approvals, and invoice management.
- On-demand service: get assistance in 15 seconds with 7-star human customer support. One centralized point of contact via the app, website, and phone. Dedicated, experienced agents ready to help 24/7.
- Concierge services: to request group bookings, Airbnb bookings, transfers, and tickets.
- Free implementation and no fees: you only pay when you travel. No fixed fees, no cancellation penalties, and no implementation costs.
- FlexiPerk: All trips are refundable with the FlexiPerk feature. If your plans change, you get your money back, no questions asked. This initiative delivers an upgraded booking level of comfort.
- TravelCare: features a built-in travel risk management solutionto provide information on safety and travel requirements with guidelines, and real-time updates. Provides visibility of where travelers on business trips are and what disruptions might affect their trip.
- VAT solution: a comprehensive solution to identify and process all claimable VAT refunds for your trips in the EU so you can save up to 25% on your travel spend.
- GreenPerk: helps you offset all your carbon emissionsfor more sustainable travel.
- Duty of care solutions: ensure your traveling employees are fully covered and get in-depth trip reporting and travel alerts. Due to our integration with International SOS, you can manage evacuation and auxiliary services from a single portal.
- Developer-friendly open-API platform: for seamless integration with the rest of your business toolsand workflows, such as expense consolidations, or HR management platform. An open marketplace allows you to integrate with the other apps with one click for a phased roll-out.
TravelPerk is a corporate travel management partner that you’ll want to consider as their flexibility and adaptability are needed in this ever-changing world of work and drive toward digitization. Perhaps you should see how this option would best work for you.
Click here for a free demo.