- Last update 22/04/2021
The owner of the Websites is TRAVELPERK, S.L.U., a company duly incorporated pursuant to the laws of Spain, with registered office at Avinguda Catedral 6-8 1ª Planta, 08002 Barcelona (Spain), with Spanish Tax Identification Code (NIF) B-66-484.577 and registered in the Companies Registry of Barcelona in Volume 44779, Sheet 131, sheet B-467263 (hereinafter referred to as “TRAVELPERK“).
By clicking the “Accept” button in the banner that will pop up when you access the Websites, you expressly accept the use of all Cookies by us. You can also manage your preferences and reject the use of non-essential Cookies by clicking on the Privacy Preference Center. You can change your preferences at any time.
Please bear in mind that if you decide not to accept Cookies, it is possible that your browsing experience on the Website is not optimal and that some Website functionalities don´t work correctly.
1. What are cookies?
Cookies are small text files that a website stores on your computer or mobile device when you visit the site. Their main purpose is to recognize the user every time he accesses the website and to enhance the quality and use of the website. Cookies are essential for the functioning of the internet; they cannot damage the user’s device, and if they are activated in the browser, they help to identify and correct possible website errors.
Generally, cookies are used for very different purposes, such as, to recognize you as a user, to obtain information about your browsing habits, or to personalize the way the contents are displayed. The specific uses we make of these technologies are described below.
There are also other technologies such as pixels or web beacons. Pixels or web beacons are small graphic files that allow us, as cookies do, to control the use of our Websites, as well as to use it for advertising purposes. These files may collect information such as the IP address of the computer that downloads the page on which the pixel or web beacon is located, the URL of the page on which the pixel or web beacon appears, the time of visit to the page that contains the tracking pixel, the type of browser that receives said pixel or web beacon and the identification number of any cookie on the computer previously installed by that server.
3. Types of Cookies used on our Websites
3.1 Types of Cookies according to the managing entity
Depending on what entity manages the website or domain from which the Cookies are sent and processed, a distinction can be made between the following types of Cookies:
- First-party Cookies. These are cookies which are sent to the user’s computer from a device or domain managed by us and from which the service requested by the user is provided.
- Third party Cookies. These are cookies sent to the user’s computer from a device or domain not managed by us, but by another entity that processes any data obtained through those cookies.
3.2 Types of Cookies depending on the time they remain active
- Session Cookies. These are designed to collect and store data while you access the Website. These Cookies are removed from your Device as soon as you exit the browser session or the Websites.
- Persistent Cookies. These types of Cookies remain stored on your device and can be accessed and processed after you exit the Websites as well as when you navigate on them for a pre-determined period of time. These Cookies are used, for example, to recognize you when you come back to our Websites. Persistent Cookies remain on the hard drive until they reach their expiration date. On our Websites we try to only serve persistent cookies (or allow persistent cookies to be served by third parties) that have a limited lifespan (mostly less than 2 years). However, for security reasons or in other exceptional circumstances, sometimes we may need to give a cookie a longer lifespan.
3.3 Types of Cookies according to their purpose
Depending on the function of the cookie, cookies can be grouped as follows:
- Strictly necessary Cookies: Cookies that allow the user to browse a website, platform or application, and using the different options or services included on these, including those cookies used by the editor to allow operation and management of the website and enable its functions and services, such as controlling data traffic and communication, identifying the session, remembering the items added to their cart, completing the payment process, managing payment, controlling any fraud linked to service security, completing event sign up or participation requests, counting visits for the purposes of invoicing the licenses for the software which allow the service to operate (website, platform or application), using safety elements during browsing, storing contents for video or audio broadcasting, enabling dynamic contents (for example, loading animation for a text or image) or share contents in social media.
- Functionality or personalisation Cookies: Cookies that make it possible to remember information, so that users may access the service under certain conditions that distinguish their experience from that of other users, such as the language, the number of search results to be displayed, the aspect or contents of the service depending on the browser through which or the region from which it is accessed. This type of cookie makes it possible to offer a personalized service.
- Analytical Cookies: Cookies that allow the cookies manager to perform follow-up and analyses of user behaviour at the websites to which such cookies are linked; this includes a quantitative measurement of the impact of an advertisment. Any information collected by means of this type of cookies is used to measure activity on any website, application or platform, for the purposes of introducing improvements in function of the analysis of the data regarding the service use made by users.
- Advertising Cookies. Cookies which store information on user behaviour obtained through continuous observation of their browsing habits, thus allowing to develop a specific profile and to display advertisement appropriate to this profile.
4. List of cookies used in this website
5. Facebook tracking pixel
With your consent given through the Cookies banner, this Website uses the Facebook tracking pixel with the remarketing function “Custom Audience”, provided by Facebook Inc., with registered office at 1601 S. California Ave. California Ave, Palo Alto, CA 94304, United States of America.
The legal basis for using the Facebook tracking pixel is your consent (Article 6(1)(a) of the GDPR). We will only use the Facebook tracking pixel if you explicitly allow it.
The legal basis for the further processing of data collected through the Facebook tracking pixel is Article 6(1)(f) of the GDPR. We have a legitimate interest in such marketing purposes, as they help us to display more relevant advertisements.
Even if you have allowed the use of the Facebook tracking pixel, you can disable it at any time, withdraw your consent or exercise your right to object by changing the cookie settings in the Privacy Preference Center. You can also disable this function by updating your Facebook account settings.
6. How can you access Cookie data and manage Cookies?
6.1 Giving Consent:
Strictly necessary cookies are essential for our Websites to function. These cookies cannot be turned off individually but you can change your browser setting to refuse all cookies if you do not wish to accept them.
6.2 Revoking Consent:
You can revoke your consent or change your preferences at any time. The option of refusing and disabling Cookies is given in the Privacy Preference Center for each category of Cookie included above (with the only exception of strictly necessary cookies). You may also update your preferences in that same link.
You may also reject the use of certain Cookies through the following services:
6.3 Rejecting/blocking the installation of cookies via your browser settings and removing cookies from your device:
You can delete all cookies that are already on your device by clearing the browsing history of your browser (please refer to the options and instructions provided by your browser). This will remove all cookies from all websites you have visited. Be aware though that you may also lose some saved information (e.g. saved login details, site preferences).
Consider that, if you accept third-party cookies, and you then want to delete them, you must delete them from your browser’s options menu. Please also note that if you delete your browsing history and data related to cookies in your device this will not prevent Cookies from being installed again when you visit the Websites. If you do not want Cookies to be installed on your devices, you can block their installation as explained below.
You can block Cookies using the browser’s settings or setup your browser so that it notifies you when a server wants to save a Cookie:
If you use Microsoft Internet Explorer, the option can be found in the Tools menu > Internet Options > Privacy > Settings > Advanced. For more information http://windows.microsoft.com/es-es/windows-vista/block-or-allow-Cookies and http://windows.microsoft.com/es-es/windows7/how-to-manage-Cookies-in-internet-explorer-9.
If you use Firefox, the option can be found in the Tools menu > Preferences > Privacy > Cookies. For more information http://support.mozilla.org/es/kb/habilitar-y-deshabilitar-Cookies-que-los-sitios-we.
If you use Chrome, go to the Settings menu > Advanced Settings > Privacy. For more information https://support.google.com/accounts/answer/61416?hl=es
If you use Opera, go to the Security and Privacy menu. For more information http://help.opera.com/Windows/11.50/es-ES/cookies.html
If you use Safari, the option can be found in the Preferences/Privacy menu. For more information: http://support.apple.com/kb/HT1677?viewlocale=es_ES
TravelPerk is not responsible for the correct functioning and availability of the links provided by each of these browsers. Therefore, we suggest that you consult browsers’ websites for more information on managing any Cookies that are installed.
If you use your browser or device settings to block cookies as mentioned above, please note that it may have the effect of disabling many of the cookies that are essential to enabling our services to function, and therefore some or all of the features and functionality we offer in our Websites may stop working. Because of this, we would recommend taking a more targeted approach to withdrawing your consent. For example, if you wanted stop cookies being used for the purposes of serving you interest-based advertisements, then instead of blocking all cookies, you could opt-out of these via our Privacy Preference Center referred to above.
You can also look into these videos published by the Spanish Data Protection Authority to understand how to set your privacy preferences from certain platforms and devices:
And find more information here: https://www.aboutcookies.org/
7. Data transfers to third countries
TRAVELPERK has engaged the services of providers located outside of the European Economic Area (“Third Countries”). When they access to personal data, these providers have signed the confidentiality and data processing agreements required by the regulations for providers located in Third Countries, applying the guarantees and safeguards necessary to preserve your privacy. Such guarantees and safeguards consist of adequacy decisions of the European Commission and/or standard contractual clauses approved by the European Commission.
8. Profiling involving automated decision-making with legal implications for the user or significantly affecting the user
The aforementioned Cookies are not used to create profiles that involve automated decision-making with legal implications for the user or that significantly affect users.
9. Retention periods
the type of personal data collected and the purpose of its use, and, upon expiry of such period,
they will be kept duly blocked for the statutory limitation period applicable. To learn more
10. What are your data protection rights and how can you exercise them?
If you consider that the processing of your personal data infringes the regulations or your rights, you can file a complaint with our Data Protection Officer at the addresses indicated above, or with the Spanish Data Protection Agency. Please see here for more information: https://www.aepd.es/es.