Are your company’s travel arrangements tied up with complicated spreadsheets and never-ending email threads? This is something seen all too often by those in the travel industry.
Manually booking corporate travel can make complex business trip planning becoming difficult, time-consuming, and costly. With travel details spread out across different sites and emails, travel managers have no overview of how much of the travel budget is being used and where it is being spent.
Luckily, for organizations based in Salt Lake City, there is a better way to manage your business travel needs, save time and enjoy discounted travel rates.
What are the advantages of using a travel management company?
For most employee business trips, the lion’s share of the budget is eaten up by flights and accommodation. Without proper management of expenses involved in travel programs, your travel budgets, and therefore your future business travel plans are at risk of being cut short.
In fact, it's common for organizations without a centralized travel management platform to run into many business travel challenges. From inaccurate expense reporting and overspending to high levels of non-compliance with company travel policies.
Here are just a few ways that modern corporate travel management companies can take the stress out of your travel management processes:
- All your travel plans all in one place: Rather than reams of spreadsheets and complicated emails, travel management companies help you centralize all business travel processes. A modern travel management company will have a platform for maximum visibility on expenses, invoices, business travel plans, and travel policies.
- Self-booking engines: modern travel management companies should be fast and efficient. They should enable your employees to make their own travel arrangements with travel technology like the self-booking engine, helping to streamline all travel booking processes.
- Smart data-driven travel management decisions: A key incentive to use a travel management company, all of your travel data is stored in one centralized place, which helps them make suggestions on how you can best optimize your business travel plans and save time and money.
- Focus on your business travel needs: Organizations that don’t use a travel management company often delegate business travel management to an existing employee. But specialized travel management companies are focused solely on your business travel needs with no other distractions.
- Save money on travel and accommodation costs: Travel management companies negotiate the best corporate travel rates on your behalf and can even help you establish long-term partnerships with hotels and airlines to help you save money on an ongoing basis.
- Get the most out of your travel spend: Travel management companies compile travel and expense reports on travel spend, and itemize expenses by team, department, or project to help you optimize future budgets.
- Streamline travel policy compliance: Getting employees all on the same page when it comes to travel policies is a challenge. Travel management companies can help you ensure that all of your business travelers are complying with your travel policy guidelines by flagging and/or blocking any unauthorized bookings.
TravelPerk is an all-in-one travel management company that offers a user-friendly and innovative platform for corporate travel that manages the business travel booking process end-to-end, with traveler self-management as its core offering. With TravelPerk, travel managers have access to the world’s largest travel inventory for flights and accommodation, car rental companies and trains - as well as a huge catalog of integrations with third-party software.
Users also benefit from TravelPerk’s unique corporate global travel services, including a carbon offsetting program, and FlexiPerk, a cancelation policy that grants users the ability to cancel business trip arrangements as close as two hours before departure with a guaranteed refund of 80%.
Other features TravelPerk offers include:
- An accessible and simple online booking tool where all traveler data, preferences, and loyalty points can be centrally stored,
- 24/7 business travel assistance with a 15-second response rate
- Peace of mind with TravelCare, a comprehensive and a near real-time travel safety alert system for business travelers
- Extensive reporting capabilities and expense dashboards
- One invoice for all business travel -- eliminate sending invoice requests and reminders
- Automated travel policies and in-app approval system -- including approval workflows, the ability to save trip details for later, and the ability to customize the level of strictness for each workflow
All of these features combine to form the seamless all-in-one travel management experience to help optimize and streamline your travel management programs.
TravelPerk is the only specialized business travel company on this list that is geared solely toward corporate travel management in North America, as opposed to leisure travel or vacation travel. If you want to learn more about how TravelPerk can streamline your organization’s business travel program, reach out today for a free demo.
See how TravelPerk makes business travel stress free
2. Hess Travel
Hess Travel is a corporate travel management agency based in Utah, that provides business travel consulting and business travel management services in the Salt Lake City region, throughout the United States, and globally.
Their corporate travel services are tailored towards personalized service, providing clients with the security of global reach and familiar, friendly travel managers.
- Always open corporate travel agent contact
- Personalized assistance in organizing travel plans
- Phone, email and fax communication
- Dedicated emergency number
- Interactive self booking
- Price assurance
- Itinerary management
Hess Travel offers a personalized corporate travel management service. However, business travelers need to submit a form with their travel request, which can impede the booking process and doesn’t allow for a fully automated, seamless business travel booking experience.
3. Christopherson Travel
Christopherson Business Travel is an independently-owned corporate travel management agency. The company values a people-centric corporate travel service to connect people and places around the world..
Headquartered in Salt Lake City, Utah, Christopherson Travel has nearly 300 team members located in 30 states across the United States, and 20 client-dedicated on-site offices.
The company offers many corporate travel services specifically for business travel:
- Dedicated travel advisors
- Travel management software
- Travel program management
- Booking and itinerary planning
- Travel policy compliance
- Traveler safety and well-being services
The company also supports an AirPortal travel management platform for corporate travelers to log-in and manage their travel plans. However, it relies heavily on its corporate travel Account Managers to help you develop strategies for your business travel booking with a three-step program for companies to follow.
For travel managers looking for a ready-to-go travel management platform solution, Christopherson may present a greater upfront time investment to implement corporate travel management strategies.
4. Black Car & Co
Although Black Car & Co is not a dedicated corporate travel specialist, it is a ground transportation company that offers some business travel services to business travelers.
Black Car Co. is an American company, based in Salt Lake City, offering luxury quality transportation services for business and corporate individual and group travelers. The company is particularly geared towards business travel for events with comfortable ground transport from pick-up point to drop-off destination.
Black Car & Co offers corporate travelers:
- Airport transportation
- Sporting event transportation
- Wedding travel transportation
- Corporate event bus rental
Although the company doesn’t offer any international business travel management services, it offers a complete, high-quality ground transportation service for corporate travelers flying in and out of Salt Lake City, with professional airport transfers. However, for business travelers, this is a limited option to book flights and accommodation and would require them to still use multiple platforms - unlike using a full service platform such as TravelPerk.
Make business travel simpler. Forever.
See our platform in action. Trusted by thousands of companies worldwide, TravelPerk makes business travel simpler to manage with more flexibility, full control of spending with easy reporting, and options to offset your carbon footprint.
Find hundreds of resources on all things business travel, from tips on traveling more sustainably, to advice on setting up a business travel policy, and managing your expenses. Our latest e-books and blog posts have you covered.
Never miss another update. Stay in touch with us on social for the latest product releases, upcoming events, and articles fresh off the press.