For years, business travel was reserved for a small percentage of roles who would travel often and a lot. That’s no longer the case. As we reach the end of this long tunnel brought on by COVID-19, we can start looking to the future. How will we work and relate with our colleagues going forward?The pandemic made employees and teams become more siloed, and as a result, employees are reporting fewer opportunities to connect in real life and build personal relationships. And that’s problematic because we're social beings who thrive on personal interaction - especially in business.
The social aspect of our minds is activated when doing business in person, and that’s why we are excited to announce today our partnership with Ramp, the finance automation platform designed to save your business time and money. We’ve joined forces to help professionals connect in real life in a meaningful and cost-efficient way while maintaining full control over travel spend as it scales. You might say we’re helping you ramp up your business travel (oh yes, pun intended).
What happens though with the administrative side of things? Are the organizations ready to support the employees who are traveling for work?
The challenge is only going to get bigger as more and more employees start traveling. According to data released by the Global Business Travel Association, business travel is expected to have a full recovery by 2024 to a tune of $1.48 trillion. Ramp’s
own internal researchrevealed that as global travel restrictions eased and their customers started traveling again, their travel expenses jumped from just 2.2% of total card spend in November 2021 to over 6% in January 2022!
So, how can this partnership help your business travel reach new heights? You’ll:
- Get an all-in-one travel, corporate card, and expense solution so you can book, manage, and report on all things business travel all in one place
- Get unlimited virtual and physical cards with built-in spend limits, and enjoy 1.5% cashback on every payment
- Empower travelers to book their own trips and let them choose from the broadest, most flexible, and mostsustainableinventory out there!
- Keep traveling employees safe and updated on all travel restrictions and safety recommendationsto make planning any trip as smooth and secure as possible
- Ensure full compliance and smart spending through dynamic travel policies and approvals that will help take your business travel budget further
- Take your automation game to the next level with Ramp and TravelPerk’s receipt-matching integration
- Have full, real-time visibility into your travel spend and be empowered to make better and smarter decisions when planning travel
- Ramp up your productivity (see what we did there 😉) with Ramp’s fully automated accounting.