As a business in Texas that frequently organizes corporate travel trips, one of your priorities is ensuring that your business travel programs run smoothly and efficiently.
From managing multiple itineraries with countless moving parts to keeping on top of expense reports and ensuring traveler safety, these processes can quickly become time-consuming and costly.
If you’re looking for a travel management solution that can manage all aspects of your company’s business trips, you’ve come to the right place. Here, we’ve created a quick comparison of the four leading corporate travel agencies for businesses based in Texas to help you make the best choice for your needs.
Keep in mind, however, that a local travel management company with physical offices isn’t necessarily the most suitable option to help manage your company’s business travel needs, because it might simply not have all the features you need to optimize your travel program.
Choosing a travel management company that doesn’t offer all of the features you need leaves you back at square one with all of the same limitations you faced in the past.
Below, we detail the key features you need to look out for when comparing travel management companies that will help you save money, protect your business travelers, and streamline your entire travel management program.
- Extensive travel inventories: It’s essential that the travel management company you choose gives you access to comprehensive inventories of transportation and accommodation, as well as enabling you to compare prices, dates, and offers that best suit your travel needs.
- Built-in approval workflows: Embedding your travel approval workflows and travel policy into your travel management company’s platform helps you increase policy compliance rates and eliminates the need to manage travel and expenses via long email threads.
- Centralized invoice collection: Some travel management companies don’t act as a single vendor meaning that you’ll still need to collect and collate invoices from various companies. Travel management companies that offer a system that consolidates all of your monthly invoices into one single vendor invoice can save you a lot of time and hassle.
- Flexible booking options: Flexible booking options enable businesses to accommodate any last-minute changes to trip dates or cancellations after booking for free or at a reasonable cost.
- 24/7 Customer support: Unexpected events are inevitable in business travel, and you need to know that your travel management company will be there to help you should things go wrong. A prompt, easy-to-access customer support function is essential to help your travelers manage any issues that arise.
- Reporting capabilities: The ability to access travel data that is broken down by individual business travelers, mode of transportation, booking type, and cancellations, helps you carry out significant spend optimization activities.
Let’s explore the four best corporate travel agencies in Texas.
TravelPerk’s 2021 acquisitionof business travel specialist Next Travel -- a leader in US business travel -- helped the company establish itself as the best corporate travel management solution not just across Texas but across North America as a whole.
TravelPerk’s centralized, innovative platform, with self-management at its core, automates the entire business travel booking process from beginning to end.
As well as access to the world’s largest travel
inventory for flightsand
accommodation, TravelPerk offers the most comprehensive scope of corporate travel features across the travel industry. These include
FlexiPerk, an add-on that allows users to cancel their travel plans up to two hours before departure with a guaranteed refund of 80%, and a
carbon offsetting program.
As well as this unique range of features, TravelPerk users can also enjoy:
- An intuitive, user-friendly online booking platform -- all traveler data, preferences, and loyalty points can be stored to use whenever needed
- Integrated travel policy and approval flowsto streamline booking processes
- 24/7 business travel assistancewith a target 15-second response rate
- TravelCare, a comprehensive travel safety and alerts systemthat provides business travelers with peace of mind
- Centralized and single invoicing for all business travel that eliminates invoice requests and reminders
- A simplified travel expense process with real-time expense reports
- An exhaustive catalog of integrations with third-party software
On top of these exhaustive features, TravelPerk also provides a comprehensive solution for
meetings and events managementand the ability to book alternative transportation options, such as
car rentalsfrom within the TravelPerk platform.
TravelPerk’s full-service, all-in-one platform provides you with the end-to-end travel management platform you need to simplify and boost the efficiency of your travel management programs.
As you read on, you’ll notice that TravelPerk is the only company on this list that is a corporate travel-first company that focuses solely on the needs of your business. With no other distractions, TravelPerk provides you with exceptional travel experiences at the best prices.
Do you want to learn more about how TravelPerk can enhance your business’s corporate travel program by managing all aspects of your company’s business trips?
Reach out to our experts today for a free demo.
Although Alamo Travel isn’t a corporate travel-first company, it offers the following corporate travel management features and services:
- Risk management
- Online booking tools
- 24/7 emergency travel services
- Travel planning
While the company offers several business-focused travel services, it does have a few shortcomings. For example, instead of a proprietary tool, Alamo Travel uses Concur as their booking tool which is known to be a
clunky, unintuitive tool, as opposed to TravelPerk’s user-friendly platform.
The company also doesn’t provide a comprehensive travel risk management solution to ensure the safety of your traveling employees. Unlike TravelPerk’s
FlexiPerkadd-on that enables you to cancel trips up to two hours before departure, Alamo Travel also lacks the flexibility to allow travelers to book any flight, hotel, car, or train at any rate, and cancel at any time.
Finally, despite the fact that sustainable travel options are at the top of businesses' minds, the company also lacks a
carbon offsetting program, like TravelPerk’s GreenPerk.
While the company does provide some corporate travel services, it’s not a corporate travel-first company at its core.
Sharon Carr Travel provides the following corporate travel management features:
- Corporate travel consultants
- 24-hour emergency service
- International rate desk that constructs fares for complicated itineraries
- Team travel
- Real-time management reports
- Flight tracking
Although Sharon Carr Travel offers a small range of features to support corporate travel arrangements, the company doesn’t offer a flexible booking feature that allows users to change their travel plans up to two hours before departure with a guaranteed refund.
TravelPerk’s target 15-second response rate for travelers in need of assistance outstrips the company’s offering, and the company lacks modern offerings such as a broad risk management solution to help you provide the best duty of care to your travelers, and a carbon offsetting program to neutralize your carbon footprint.
Although ARTA Travel isn’t a corporate travel-first management company, the company does offer the following corporate travel services specifically for business travel:
- Customized travel programs
- 24-hour emergency service
- International rate desk
- Team travel
- Corporate travel agents
- Travel policy compliance
While the company provides a good range of corporate-focused travel services, the agency doesn’t offer as big an inventory as TravelPerk with access to low-cost carriers, Airbnb, and better negotiated rates. The company also doesn’t provide an exhaustive risk management and traveler safety service, nor does it offer third-party integrations with important expense tools.
Learn more about how your business can benefit from our flexible booking options, comprehensive expense management capabilities, and much, much more by
scheduling a free, personalized demo today!