As a business in Texas that frequently organizes corporate travel trips, one of your priorities is ensuring that your business travel programs run smoothly and efficiently.
From managing multiple itineraries with countless moving parts to keeping on top of expense reports and ensuring traveler safety, these processes can quickly become time-consuming and costly.
If you’re looking for a travel management solution that can manage all aspects of your company’s business trips, you’ve come to the right place. Here, we’ve created a quick comparison of the four leading corporate travel agencies for businesses based in Texas to help you make the best choice for your needs.
Features to look for when choosing a travel management company
Many travel management companies for businesses in Texas offer travel technology to assist with booking processes or have dedicated agents to help you book your trips.
Keep in mind, however, that a local travel management company with physical offices isn’t necessarily the most suitable option to help manage your company’s business travel needs, because it might simply not have all the features you need to optimize your travel program.
Choosing a travel management company that doesn’t offer all of the features you need leaves you back at square one with all of the same limitations you faced in the past.
Below, we detail the key features you need to look out for when comparing travel management companies that will help you save money, protect your business travelers, and streamline your entire travel management program.
- Extensive travel inventories: It’s essential that the travel management company you choose gives you access to comprehensive inventories of transportation and accommodation, as well as enabling you to compare prices, dates, and offers that best suit your travel needs.
- Built-in approval workflows: Embedding your travel approval workflows and travel policy into your travel management company’s platform helps you increase policy compliance rates and eliminates the need to manage travel and expenses via long email threads.
- Centralized invoice collection: Some travel management companies don’t act as a single vendor meaning that you’ll still need to collect and collate invoices from various companies. Travel management companies that offer a system that consolidates all of your monthly invoices into one single vendor invoice can save you a lot of time and hassle.
- Flexible booking options: Flexible booking options enable businesses to accommodate any last-minute changes to trip dates or cancellations after booking for free or at a reasonable cost.
- 24/7 Customer support: Unexpected events are inevitable in business travel, and you need to know that your travel management company will be there to help you should things go wrong. A prompt, easy-to-access customer support function is essential to help your travelers manage any issues that arise.
- Reporting capabilities: The ability to access travel data that is broken down by individual business travelers, mode of transportation, booking type, and cancellations, helps you carry out significant spend optimization activities.
The 4 best corporate travel companies in Texas
Your business needs a business travel company in Texas that offers the features needed to serve your unique needs, industry, and budget.
Let’s explore the four best corporate travel agencies in Texas.
TravelPerk is a full-service travel management company with an all-in-one digital platform that caters to all of your corporate travel needs -- no matter what industry you work in.
TravelPerk’s 2021 acquisition of business travel specialist Next Travel -- a leader in US business travel -- helped the company establish itself as the best corporate travel management solution not just across Texas but across North America as a whole.
TravelPerk’s centralized, innovative platform, with self-management at its core, automates the entire business travel booking process from beginning to end.
As well as access to the world’s largest travel inventory for flights and accommodation, TravelPerk offers the most comprehensive scope of corporate travel features across the travel industry. These include FlexiPerk, an add-on that allows users to cancel their travel plans up to two hours before departure with a guaranteed refund of 80%, and a carbon offsetting program.
As well as this unique range of features, TravelPerk users can also enjoy:
- An intuitive, user-friendly online booking platform -- all traveler data, preferences, and loyalty points can be stored to use whenever needed
- Integrated travel policy and approval flows to streamline booking processes
- 24/7 business travel assistance with a 15-second response rate
- TravelCare, a comprehensive travel safety and alerts system that provides business travelers with peace of mind
- Centralized and single invoicing for all business travel that eliminates invoice requests and reminders
- A simplified travel expense process with real-time expense reports
- An exhaustive catalog of integrations with third-party software
On top of these exhaustive features, TravelPerk also provides a comprehensive solution for meetings and events management and the ability to book alternative transportation options, such as trains and car rentals from within the TravelPerk platform.
TravelPerk’s full-service, all-in-one platform provides you with the end-to-end travel management platform you need to simplify and boost the efficiency of your travel management programs.
As you read on, you’ll notice that TravelPerk is the only company on this list that is a corporate travel-first company that focuses solely on the needs of your business. With no other distractions, TravelPerk provides you with exceptional travel experiences at the best prices.
Do you want to learn more about how TravelPerk can enhance your business’s corporate travel program by managing all aspects of your company’s business trips? Reach out to our experts today for a free demo.
See how TravelPerk makes business travel stress free
2. Alamo Travel
Alamo Travel is headquartered in San Antonio, Texas and was founded in 1990. The company specializes in leisure travel, including cruises and destination weddings, government travel, and corporate travel. The company’s team of travel agents helps businesses create travel programs.
Although Alamo Travel isn’t a corporate travel-first company, it offers the following corporate travel management features and services:
- Risk management
- Online booking tools
- 24/7 emergency travel services
- Travel planning
While the company offers several business-focused travel services, it does have a few shortcomings. For example, instead of a proprietary tool, Alamo Travel uses Concur as their booking tool which is known to be a clunky, unintuitive tool, as opposed to TravelPerk’s user-friendly platform.
The company also doesn’t provide a comprehensive travel risk management solution to ensure the safety of your traveling employees. Unlike TravelPerk’s FlexiPerk add-on that enables you to cancel trips up to two hours before departure, Alamo Travel also lacks the flexibility to allow travelers to book any flight, hotel, car, or train at any rate, and cancel at any time.
Finally, despite the fact that sustainable travel options are at the top of businesses' minds, the company also lacks a carbon offsetting program, like TravelPerk’s GreenPerk.
3. Sharon Carr Travel
Founded in 1969, Sharon Carr Travel is a travel agency based in Dallas, Texas. The company specializes in group travel, independent travel, luxury tours, and cruises.
While the company does provide some corporate travel services, it’s not a corporate travel-first company at its core.
Sharon Carr Travel provides the following corporate travel management features:
- Corporate travel consultants
- 24-hour emergency service
- International rate desk that constructs fares for complicated itineraries
- Team travel
- Real-time management reports
- Flight tracking
Although Sharon Carr Travel offers a small range of features to support corporate travel arrangements, the company doesn’t offer a flexible booking feature that allows users to change their travel plans up to two hours before departure with a guaranteed refund.
TravelPerk’s 15-second response rate for travelers in need of assistance outstrips the company’s offering, and the company lacks modern offerings such as a broad risk management solution to help you provide the best duty of care to your travelers, and a carbon offsetting program to neutralize your carbon footprint.
4. ARTA Travel
Headquartered in Plano, Texas, and founded in 1980, ARTA Travel is a corporate travel management service specializing in three travel verticals: Corporate, group, and leisure travel.
Although ARTA Travel isn’t a corporate travel-first management company, the company does offer the following corporate travel services specifically for business travel:
- Customized travel programs
- 24-hour emergency service
- International rate desk
- Team travel
- Corporate travel agents
- Travel policy compliance
While the company provides a good range of corporate-focused travel services, the agency doesn’t offer as big an inventory as TravelPerk with access to low-cost carriers, Airbnb, and better corporate rates. The company also doesn’t provide an exhaustive risk management and traveler safety service, nor does it offer third-party integrations with important expense tools.
Enjoy the best corporate travel management experiences with TravelPerk
TravelPerk is the only company on this list that offers businesses a modern, end-to-end business travel solution. Its intuitive platform, self-booking tool, large travel inventories, and 7-star customer support team make it the best choice for businesses looking to optimize and streamline their business travel programs.
Learn more about how your business can benefit from our flexible booking options, comprehensive expense management capabilities, and much, much more by scheduling a free, personalized demo today!
Make business travel simpler. Forever.
See our platform in action. Trusted by thousands of companies worldwide, TravelPerk makes business travel simpler to manage with more flexibility, full control of spending with easy reporting, and options to offset your carbon footprint.
Find hundreds of resources on all things business travel, from tips on traveling more sustainably, to advice on setting up a business travel policy, and managing your expenses. Our latest e-books and blog posts have you covered.
Never miss another update. Stay in touch with us on social for the latest product releases, upcoming events, and articles fresh off the press.