Biking along le Canal du Midi, indulging in the finest champagne, falling head over heels in the city of love—we’re in France! France is home to some of the most iconic tourist hotspots in Europe. In fact, it’s among one of the most visited countries in the world—with a significant slice of that tourism being for business travel.
Bordeaux, Lyon, Paris—need we say more? The country is packed with culture, fine wines, and melt-in-the-mouth dishes that’ll have you crying “Vive la France!” as loud as the locals.
However, planning a trip in France, be it for leisure or business, can get overwhelming fast. Where do you possibly start? The short answer: Ici!
We’ve rounded up the best french travel service providers in the game to help you plan your next trip with your mind at ease, your toes in fresh seas or firm skis, and your companions smiling: “cheese!”
The best online travel agency in France for business travel
When considering the best online travel agencies, TravelPerk is a top contender, with an innovative, end-to-end solution for modern corporate travel. It’s an all-in-one, intuitive online booking platform, which is a refreshing change from the typically clunky UI of business travel apps and websites.
Corporate travelers have a mission with each journey they take—it’s not the moment to waste precious time worrying about travel logistics. TravelPerk understands this, and efficiency is at the core of the team’s offering.
Businesses can boost efficiency even further with TravelPerk’s numerous tool integrations, centralizing expenses with software such as Expensify or Divvy, or sharing travel plans over Slack. Streamlining a workflow in a way that suits your company needs is key to successful business travel.
Another huge plus is that TravelPerk enables you to make flexible bookings for employees with FlexiPerk. Business travel is often subject to last-minute changes, and TravelPerk’s flexible booking feature gives you the necessary leeway to change plans and get 80% of your spend back. Plus, booking with TravelPerk gives you the option to offset your carbon footprint with GreenPerk—a must in today’s eco-conscious world. TravelPerk strives to ensure employees are traveling stress-free and comfortably, without breaking the budget.
Main offerings and features:
- Extensive inventory of travel services
- Flexible booking with FlexiPerk
- Safety alerts with TravelCare
- Integrated travel policy & approval flows
- Centralized invoicing
- Easy & real-time expense reports
- Carbon offsetting with GreenPerk
Start saving time and money on business travel for your company today
The best online travel agencies in France for leisure travel
From Nice to Normandy, and every hotspot in between, let’s dive into the best French travel agencies for leisure travel. Allons-y!
2. Odalys: perfect digital tour guides in your pocket
Need a dip in the Mediterranean Sea with the French Riviera as your backdrop? Or, maybe you want a city holiday—or maybe a ski trip? Odalys will quickly help you to make up your mind. With its roots in the late 90s, today Odalys offers over 400 holiday resorts ranging from snow to sun and spanning across France, Spain, Portugal, and Italy. Top tip: sign up to their newsletter for some great deals and to stay inspired!
Key features include:
- Covid-19 inclusive insurance policies
- Refund guarantee cancellation policy
- Online check-ins available
- Shared payment options to make those group tours that much easier
3. Club Med: luxury tour operators to keep you young
Now here’s a travel company to keep you on your toes! For most, Club Med have a reputation that precedes them as a tour company for young people. And, although that reputation still rings true, they’ve broadened their horizons as well. Club Med provides complete holidays packages and services in a wealth of languages (English and French included) and their luxury travel destinations span the globe.
Key features include:
- A partnership with European Bartender School to bring you the best in-resort bartenders
- A huge selection of destinations: Africa, Asia, South America, Indian Ocean, and more
- Low deposits when you book in advanced
- Great Members loyalty program for regular bookers
4. Maeva: great for last-minute cancellations & frequent flyers
Relatively new to the game in comparison to some of the other tour companies on this list, Maeva have been in the business for around eight years and mainly cater to family vacations. The tour company offers a huge selection of family-friendly campsites and private properties across ski or sea destinations, specializing in France.
Key features include:
- Properties across the country including: Provence, Loire Valley, Louvre, Burgundy, Marseille, and more
- A satisfied or refunded policy
- Flexi+: cancel up to one day before your trip and get your money back
- The holiday kitty: 10% of every booking refunded into your account for the next trip
5. GoVoyages: fabulous for road trip holidays across the country
GoVoyages is a budget airline and hotel vendor with a presence in France, Germany, Spain, Italy, and Portugal. European getaways are their speciality and their flight aggregator will enable you to find the best combination of providers for a holiday on a budget.
Plus, their sight search is extremely user friendly, giving you a clear way to navigate deals, and get a good overview of hotels and flights including: images, reviews, hotel features, and savings you’re getting access to.
Key features include:
- Car rentals spanning the country: from the Belgian border to the Alps to the South of France
- Free date changes on many of their flights
- Go Voyages app: to measure luggage, track flights, unique discounts, and more
6. Locasun: good for last-minute offers for flexible travelers
Great by name and great by nature, Locasun offers travel services in French, English, Dutch, Italian, Spanish, and German. Locasun have been operating for over 20 years and specialize in campsites and some truly unique vacation rentals.
They have offices in Paris and Barcelona helping tourists find their perfect fit from over 140,000 European rentals. If you’re keeping things local with a France tour then you’ll be pleased to hear their customer service office is located in the country.
Key features include
- Weekly flash sales on a selection of 10 - 20 stays
- Great for small group bookings
- Filter by budget or promotions to find a travel experience that won’t break the bank
Closing out the top French travel agents and agencies for your next trip
So, what will it be? Are you taking a River cruise down The Seine for France travel at its finest, or are you throwing things further afield? The travel agents on this list cater to a mix of budget and luxury travel to bring you the holiday you’ve been hoping for and that you deserve. They win pride of place for their knowledge, service, and website usability—all you need to worry about is what to pack!
If business travel is what you’re after then TravelPerk comes out on top to take you wherever your business needs to be. But, TravelPerk doesn’t stop at flights and hotels as so many travel agencies do. The personal concierge service is on-hand to make every trip extra special. Dinner on top of the Eiffel Tower? You’ve got it. A team-building cooking class? Coming right up. Have something else on your mind? Say salut to the TravelPerk team today!
We said it once, and we’ll say it again: Vive la France!
Make business travel simpler. Forever.
See our platform in action. Trusted by thousands of companies worldwide, TravelPerk makes business travel simpler to manage with more flexibility, full control of spending with easy reporting, and options to offset your carbon footprint.
Find hundreds of resources on all things business travel, from tips on traveling more sustainably, to advice on setting up a business travel policy, and managing your expenses. Our latest e-books and blog posts have you covered.
Never miss another update. Stay in touch with us on social for the latest product releases, upcoming events, and articles fresh off the press.