If you’ve ever sought out a corporate travel management solution to book travel for your employees, you’ll probably have come across Corporate Traveler. Based in the US but operating on a global scale, they offer a centralized booking platform, referred to as Melon, for booking, safety, reporting, policy, and expenses.
Finding the right solution to meet your travel needs can be an overwhelming task, with many potential options. Whether you’re a small business looking to start working with a TMC, or a long-term customer of a travel agency, in this guide we’re going to examine the five best alternatives to Corporate Traveler so you can make the best decisions about your business spending when it comes to corporate travel.
From car rental to duty of care, to itinerary management to expense tracking, these TMCs each offer specialized travel services to ensure a smooth corporate journey.
Let’s take a look.
The modern platform is built with traveler self-management at its core and enables users to manage the business travel booking process from beginning to end from its centralized platform. From travel management reporting and trip approvals to
traveler safety features, TravelPerk provides a best-in-class experience for business travelers and finance managers.
As well as access to the world’s largest travel
inventory for flightsand
accommodation, TravelPerk offers the most comprehensive and unique set of corporate travel features. These include a
VAT recovery solution, a
carbon offsetting program, and
FlexiPerk, an add-on that allows users to cancel their travel plans up to two hours before departure with a guaranteed refund of 80%.
Across all of TravelPerk’s paid plans, businesses only pay the monthly fee if they travel that month. Here’s an overview of TravelPerk’s pricing tiers:
- Starter: The first 5 bookings each month are completely free, with a 5% booking fee thereafter. Users have access to consolidated invoicing, unlimited cost centers, one policy and approval workflow, and travel restrictions information and alerts.
- Premium: Priced at $99/month with a 3% booking fee, this plan offers concierge services for special requests, savings of up to 25% with VAT-ready invoices, and secure traveler sign-in and automated user setup.
- Pro: This plan costs $299/month with a 3% booking fee and provides unlimited policy and approval workflows, unlimited budgets by cost center, custom reports and insights, and access to negotiated rates.
- Enterprise: This tier is designed for enterprise businesses that want to customize their requirements. To find out more about this plan, get in touch with an expert.
TravelPerk’s vast array of travel options offers everything their clients need. Covering flights, hotels, and transport, it enables travelers to access the best rates on the market both quickly and easily.
- TravelPerk offers top-notch customer support
TravelPerk’s customer services have been described as
exceptionalby happy customers who feel that the team consistently ‘responds quickly’ and ‘provides helpful solutions’. The in-house support team is always on hand to answer any queries, resolve any concerns, and offer guidance.
- TravelPerk’s booking platform
When it comes to user-friendliness, TravelPerk’s booking platform ticks all the boxes. Navigability is a priority, to ensure that all customers can easily make and amend their bookings. With TravelPerk, everything is in one place: cancellations, changes, integrations and real-person customer support.
- Lack of online reviews
TravelPerk boasts an
impressive collection of reviewson popular sites such as G2 and Capterra, but there are none available for Corporate Traveler. Because of this, it’s difficult (if not impossible) to directly compare them with their competitors.
Capterrarating: 3.9/5 (as of February 2024)
CTM’s 25-year experience in the travel industry, combined with their use of tech technology, drive their comprehensive corporate travel management solutions.
Make sure to do your own research and consider your own travel needs before deciding on a solution. We at TravelPerk are
ready to talk when you are.