Are you ready to take off on an unforgettable road trip through Belgium to discover the popular cities of Brussels, Antwerp, Bruges, and more?
Making the most of your Belgian adventure depends on finding the best car rental company for your needs. However, combing through search results and FAQs to find the best car rental deals is time-consuming and tedious, especially when your mind is set on hitting the road.
So, to make your search for the best rental cars in Belgium easier, we’ve put together this guide that contains all the info you’ll need to make a decision before setting off on your trip.
To help you better compare the best car rental companies in Belgium, we searched each site for a 3-day midweek car rental in Brussels for a pick-up date two weeks out from the time of writing. We've included a thorough breakdown of comparison details for every car rental company featured.
If you’re searching for the
best car rental deals for
trips, travel management company TravelPerk might be your best bet. With multiple types of car available, from Compact to Economy, Intermediate to Mini, you’re free to pick the style that best caters to your specific needs.
TravelPerk offers a vast inventory, including both manual and automatic cars, from which to choose your rental car. If you’re looking for a sustainable option, there’s also a selection of electric cars available. Plus, VAT-friendly invoices are available for a number of car rental companies offered by TravelPerk, saving you a lot of time, hassle, and money.
TravelPerk works with some of the top names on the market, including Avis, Enterprise, Europcar, Hertz, National, and Sixt. The list doesn’t end there—if you have specific needs requiring a specialized service, TravelPerk can get in touch with extra providers to find your ideal vehicle. From pick-up trucks to lorries to group convoys, the options available at TravelPerk are second to none.
TravelPerk’s key features include:
- Partnerships with leading car rental companies
- 24/7 customer servicewith a target 15-second response time
- Intuitive booking tool and all-in-one platform
- Available in four languages: German, English, French, and Spanish
- Bonus feature GreenPerkto offset your carbon emissions
- Paid extra FlexiPerk, enabling passengers to cancel up to two hours before a journey starts and receive at least 80% of their money back
- A vast number of software integrations
A three-day car rental for the middle of August, booked two weeks in advance, with pick-up and drop-off in central Brussels offered a compact 4-5 door starting at €116.93.
Headquartered in Belgium, Luxauto is a car rental company that offers a fleet of over 1,500 cars, trucks, minibusses, and van rentals for hire. The company’s search results page enables you to filter by type of car, number of passengers, and the number of car doors. During our search, the results page displayed 34 different rental options, giving you a wide range of choices to suit your preferences and needs.
The company also offers two insurance packages: the small package includes a reduced deductible of €15 per day, while the larger package costs €30 per day and includes a free second driver and no driver fee for those under 26 years old.
On top of the initial price, an environmental contribution of €5.43 is automatically added, and it should be noted that Luxauto does not accept cash payments. Plus, customers can only pick up the car at 8 a.m. and return the car at 5 p.m.
- The price covers 1,000 kilometers. Beyond that, each additional kilometer incurs a cost of $0.29.
- Live chat and support from agents.
- Customers can select from a total of 16 rental offices located throughout Belgium.
- Customers have the flexibility to rent a car for as short as one hour or extend their rental for up to two years.
Rates for our search parameters started around $49/day for an estimated total car rental price of $148 for the three-day trip.
- 24/7 roadside assistance
- Citroen C3 suitable for 5 passengers
- Customers have the option of choosing different return and pick-up locations (e.g. you can pick the car up in Ghent and return it in Flanders)
- Standard insurance
Driveboo is a metasearch engine that helps users compare car prices among several providers, brokers, and direct suppliers.
The company compares prices, insurance packages, and included extras to help you make the best car rental choice for your unique needs. Plus, the search results make it easy to identify any extra costs, the best fuel options, and the best mileage options.
Since the company works with many well-known providers, including Avis, Alamo, Europcar, Hertz, Enterprise, and National, you can choose from over 150,000 car rental locations. This makes Driveboo a great choice for those who plan to travel to other European countries such as Luxembourg or the Netherlands.
You can also choose from a selection of service packages to help make choosing the best rental car easier:
Base package: Includes the best fuel option and fully comprehensive insurance and theft protection with excess.
Plus package: Includes everything in the base package, plus no excess and unlimited mileage.
All-round carefree package: Includes everything in the plus package, as well as glass and tire protection.
- German and English phone support from 10 a.m. to 8 p.m.
- The company has 150,000 rental locations across the whole of Europe.
- Clear and transparent pricing and rental conditions.
- Customer support via chat, email, and telephone.
If you’re looking to get more for each dollar spent, the cheapest rental option began at around $35/day for an estimated total of $105. The cheapest car rental results for our search were Mini, Economy car, and Compact deals from Thrifty, with Avis deals a close second.
Additional extras like navigation systems and child seats are not part of the final price and need to be booked separately.
- Best fuel option
- Full comprehensive insurance and theft protection with excess
- Limited mileage of 400km ($0.12 cents per additional km)
- Free cancellations (when the cancellation is made 24 hours before your pick-up time)
- Small, 3-door Hyundai
Rent A Car Belgium is a car hire company that offers a fleet of over 5,000 vehicles to choose from, including cars, vans, minibusses, and family cars, as well as the choice to search for “luxury car” and “cheap” rental options.
The company has over 40 agencies for car rental in Belgium, so if you want to pick up a car at Charleroi Airport and return it to Brussels Airport, Rent A Car is a great choice.
- Free additional drivers.
- No credit card surcharges.
- The price covers 1,500 kilometers. Beyond that, each additional kilometer incurs a cost of $0.13.
- 24/7 customer assistance throughout Europe.
- Rentals are available from one day to one year.
Rates for our search parameters began at €302 for the entire three-day trip.
- Collision damage waiver
- 5-door Opel Corsa B
- Theft cover
Well-known and popular rental car company Sixt has over 2,000 branches worldwide and five rental offices in Belgium. The company’s search results page enables you to filter rentals by car type, number of passengers and suitcases, and driver ages.
To rent from SIXT in Belgium, you must be at least 21 years old and hold a valid driver's license for a minimum of 2 years. If you're under 25, a young driver surcharge will be applied. For this reason, Sixt is a better option for those over 25 years old.
- Filters include the number of suitcases, passengers, preferred vehicle type, and driver age
- Customers have the choice of adding a different drop-off location (e.g. you can pick up the car in Liege and return it in Brussels).
- A Sixt mobile app is available for easier booking management.
The best prices for our search started around $57/day and a total estimated car rental price of $170.
- Unlimited mileage
- 24/7 roadside assistance
- Third-party liability insurance
- Fiat 500 or similar car