If you are a frequent business traveler or a travel manager for an organization, you will likely use an online booking tool or
OBTwhen you book travel for work. However, not all OBTs are the same, and some booking solutions could suit your business better than others.
So what different kinds of online reservation tools are there, and what benefits can using the latest travel technology bring? When choosing the right OBT for your company, what features are helpful, and what pitfalls should you look out for?
Rather than being buried in their inbox, policies inform the options corporate travelers are offered in the booking process. This doesn't just save time. It also means employees can choose their travel reservations freely, safe in the knowledge that they are compliant.
That's why our
FlexiPerkusers can choose from a range of hotels and transport options with the assurance that they can cancel if their plans change.
Enabling them to select accommodation that suits their individual preferences can make a significant difference to their travel experience. Knowing they can access a good gym or guarantee an aisle seat can get business travelers into the right mindset for a successful trip.
GreenPerk solution, you can track the emissions of your corporate travelers, making it easier to stay on top of targets and incentivize your teams. Plus, our system provides carbon-saving suggestions during the booking process, making it simpler for travelers to choose the greener option.
Using the services of an OBT can help busy travel managers keep on top of the multiple itineraries they are juggling at any one time. For example, TravelPerk's mobile app incorporates our TravelCare solution, which provides travelers and managers with real-time safety notifications throughout the booking, pre-trip, and travel process.
Plus, companies that use an OBT save on average an impressive 20% on their annual travel spend thanks to greater policy compliance. With TravelPerk, you can save a further 20% thanks to our
VAT recovery system, which generates taxman-ready expense reports to make sure you get the most out of any allowances.
Are you struggling to find an impressive space to hold that important meeting? Premium and Pro users can also request the assistance of our concierge team for those extra business trip details.
But this isn't always the case. Other OBTs have fewer features or require additional systems, adding costs and complications your business doesn't need.
TravelPerk, we are proud to have the world's most extensive travel inventory, so you can always be confident you are getting the best price for your business trip.
Making sure your OBT's customer support isn't operated by robots or limited to certain hours forms an integral part of your organization's duty of care. Knowing they have access to speedy and skilled support will allow your teams to focus on the task at hand.
As we have seen, ensuring you choose a travel booking system that supports customization can do wonders for your compliance rates and, ultimately, your travel expenses. With TravelPerk, you can integrate or design your corporate travel policy from scratch within minutes, thanks to our easy-to-use interface.
TravelPerk’s main features
- The FlexiPerk feature allows business travelers to cancel their plans two hours before departure with a minimum guaranteed 80% refund, no explanation required.
- Managing travel spending is made simple with collated invoicing, easy report generation, and VAT recovery that could save up to an additional 25% on expenses.
- Automated travel policy integration ensures compliance while enabling corporate travelers to make selections according to their personal preferences.
What FCM promotes as their primary features:
- AirPlus integration simplifies payments.
- Users can personalize FCM’s dashboard so individual departments to track travel budgets with straightforward reporting.
- Travel managers can set up automatic approvals to boost compliance with existing company travel policies.
What differences TravelPerk customers highlight when comparing our travel management services to FCM:
- The UX of FCM’s platform is frequently commented upon with users claiming TravelPerk’s systems are easier to use.
- FCM provides subscribers with round-the-clock support, but response times are slower than those offered by TravelPerk’s customer care teams.
- FCM has a smaller inventory offering customers fewer options for transport and accommodation.
What TravelBank promotes as their primary features:
- In lieu of real-time safety notifications, TravelBanks provides support agents to assist with any incidents affecting ongoing travel itineraries.
- Boasts integrations with a selection of well-known credit cards and HR and budgeting systems.
- Customers can get support through dedicated Slack channels.
What differences TravelPerk customers highlight when comparing our travel management services to TravelBank:
- TravelBank’s support lines are more difficult to navigate, with users reporting it took longer to get an answer to their queries.
- TravelPerk provides more features to keep travelers safe on the road with real-time notifications and more support pre and post-departure.
- TravelBank’s subscription model means organizations need to pay a monthly fee for each user regardless of whether they travel.
What CTM promotes as their primary features:
- Online booking tool not only assists with travel arrangements but includes a fare forecaster to warn business travelers of possible price hikes.
- Scope to organize group travel and plan events through their concierge teams.
- Users can generate reports to monitor employees’ travel spending.
What differences TravelPerk customers highlight when comparing our travel management services to CTM:
- CTM subscribers are currently unable to boost compliance and speed up approvals by incorporating travel policies into the system.
- Fewer integrations across fewer categories mean CTM offers less support to travel managers.
- With FlexiPerk, TravelPerk users can take advantage of more flexible rates than CTM currently provides.
What Corporate Traveller promotes as their primary features:
- Business travelers can take advantage of industry rates.
- Users can combine Melon with a small range of existing personnel and financial software.
- Safety and itinerary updates are available to help track and notify traveling employees.
What differences TravelPerk customers highlight when comparing our travel management services to Corporate Traveller:
- With fewer features than competitors, Corporate Traveller cannot offer users advanced solutions like guest accounts and VAT reclaim business can find with a tool like TravelPerk.
- Corporate Traveller’s system features a more condensed inventory.
- Overall, the platform boasts fewer integrations than TravelPerk users have access to.