According to travel statistics, over
28% of all travel and tourism revenuecomes from corporate travel. For many businesses, corporate travel is an essential part of business growth—whether it’s networking and meeting new clients in their own country, or around the world.
Organizations big and small need to ensure their corporate travel is as efficient as possible. Flying employees across the globe is no small task, and businesses need access to airline reservation systems and solutions as quickly as they’re traveling.
In this article, we’ll run you through everything you need to know about airline reservation software, its benefits, and how to go about finding the right solution for you. We'll also share with you some of the best software out there for airline reservations in 2024.
So, how does airline reservation software make managing these flights easier for everyone involved? Let’s take a look.
Airline reservation software can make booking travel and managing flight schedules much easier. It’s quicker to manage all of your business travel needs, and you’re never far from support if needs be.
For both small and big businesses, any time and resources saved is a good thing!
An airline reservation software can help you and your team to hone in on the best deals that are available as and when you need them. It benefits the business by helping cut the cost of travel—allowing for better revenue management.
Often, these airline reservation systems have all of the relevant airline providers and flights scheduled in real-time, so you’re getting accurate results. Plus, some solutions offer negotiated rates to ensure you won’t find a better deal elsewhere.
Ease of use when booking flights or any type of travel is important. Having a UI that's too complex or that requires the user to go back and forth with customer support can be frustrating. With these online reservation systems, everything is in one place, and easily accessible.
The more options the better—these businesses often spend time building partnerships with key players in the airline industry. They can then offer you top deals for no added cost.
Having everything in one place is made even better when you don’t have to miss out on loyalty and rewards programs. Consider how important this is to you when making your decision.
You want to ensure your chosen solution offers a variety of payment gateways. Look out for the big ones, such as credit and debit cards, but also other options, like eWallets and the likes.
Some software companies will offer demos of their software so that you can get a feel for how you use it and to identify any pinch points you may have when using the software initially. This is a great time to figure out if this tool is something you could see your team using in the future.
Don't worry, we've got you covered. Here are eight of the best airline reservation software tools to use this year.
- An industry-leading airline inventory: of corporate flightsthat you'll find on the market, as well as integrations with global distribution systems (GDS—-like Amadeus and NDC—as well as low-cost carriers.
- Simple interface: TravelPerk’s dashboard and booking engine is easy to understand and get to grips with, regardless of your proficiency with technology.
- 24/7 support in 15 seconds or less: get quick responses from TravelPerk’s in-house customer travel agents and support team—around the clock.
- FlexiPerk: enables you to get 80% of your flight refunded when canceling up to two hours in advance.
You can search, book, and manage your flights all from one easy-to-use platform.
Alongside airfares, this travel management company (TMC) also enables corporate travelers to
car rental, and
Plus, TravelPerk's airline partnerships and 26,000+ exclusive negotiated rates ensure you’re getting the best deal for your business travelers—all you have to do is download your e-ticket, check-in, and buckle up.
Note: If you're an airline that's looking for a potential partnership, be sure to
get in touch to discuss!
CWT has over 150 years of experience in travel and advanced knowledge of what travelers need and want from a computer reservation system. It's a traditional travel company that offers everything you’d expect from your standard corporate travel solutions.
- Book travel and accommodation through any of the booking channels whether it’s email, web, mobile, or telephone.
- 24/7 messaging service for customers.
- Choice of mobile app and website to use the tool.
Online booking and passenger reservations for air travel is a process that myCWT has made more efficient and accessible for all its users.
This software helps to get the same premium-level results that many travel agencies would likely provide. For the travel industry, SAP Concur has plenty of benefits when it comes to using the tool in comparison to others.
- Use their online booking tool to help book travel services like planes, trains, hotels, and taxis.
- Get all of your travel data in one centralized space with SAP Concur’s travel dashboard.
- Help protect employees from risk with passenger service.
SAP Concur offers a valid solution when it comes to airline reservations and more.
For booking flights, Spendesk works with some of the best vendors to help ensure you get the best deal for your peers and their budget spend available. Some great benefits of Spendesk include:
- Set approval and spending policies to ensure travel bookings are made with the alignment of the company’s budget.
- Integrate Spendesk’s travel spending solution with your preferred vendors, including Airbnb, Skyscanner, and Uber.
- Use the platform’s unique virtual cards to pay for flights and other travel costs.
Spendesk is a scalable tool that can help streamline your travel booking process.
AMEX GBT simplifies your manager role as a travel booker and helps control everything from one place. Whether that’s booking flights, amending travel preferences, or analyzing recent reports—it’s all done in a centralized hub. Some perks of the software are:
- Risk alerts: help keep your traveling employees in the loop with on-the-go updates.
- Large travel inventory: that offers pre-negotiated rates on your travel.
- Mobile app: for managing trip details, like flight cancelations and health and safety info.
AMEX GBT can help businesses save on their travel, making it a reliable tool for a travel manager or travel booker for the business. However, it’s important to consider that AMEX offer a lot more than corporate travel—you’re not getting the same dedicated service for business travel as you would with a travel management company.
Everything is brought together under one platform and helps enable managers to regulate and organize all travel activities across the company’s workforce.
Using Flightslogic opens up a wealth of features that include:
- Large inventory: of airline companies, vehicle rentals, and hotels.
- Travel schedule management systems: that are easy to operate.
- Simplifies booking: makes flight and hotel reservations easier to book.
Flightslogic can help travel managers make faster bookings—speeding up the entire travel management process.
Automated trip searches can help you find the perfect travel options for your business. Using Salesforce data can provide both domestic and international travel options. With flights, trains, car hire, and hotel bookings available in seconds, it’s a quick way to book travel.
A few benefits include:
- Salesforce data: helps you plan better and more cost-effective trips.
- Measure ROI and profitability: for every business trip that employees go on.
- Real-time travel insights: for fewer mistakes and issues.
SalesTrip offers a demo that you can book in advance to try out the software before investing - well worth trying before you buy.
From one single dashboard, a travel manager can help track and store travelers’ preferences in order to personalize each one of their experiences.
It’s the future of travel management and it’s worthing noting a few of its features:
- Custom options: gives managers the ability to offer custom travel needs for employees.
- Corporate deals: helps save money with discounts and deals exclusive to the platform.
- Dedicated travel consultants: for 24/7 support.
CTM is a long-standing travel solution for businesses worldwide, and a strong option for an online travel tool and reservation management platform.
There are lots of great online flight reservation system providers out there. Picking the right one is tough, but you want to look out for flexibility, ease-of-use, and support options.
TravelPerk offers that and more—it’s more than just your typical airline reservation system. Our travel management tool makes travel managers’ jobs easier with 360 travel services.
Get in touch today to find out more about how TravelPerk can simplify your airline reservation process and beyond.