Corporate travel is necessary for most organizations, whether taking opportunities to expand client networks, strengthening existing partnerships, or scoping out the latest industry trends at a conference.
Whether you’re traveling domestically or jetting off to Switzerland or Germany, you'll want your itinerary to be as streamlined and stress-free as possible. In many countries, such as Spain, France, and Japan, rail travel is one of the most efficient and sustainable modes of transport.
But, booking and keeping track of rail travel can be complicated and time-consuming for travel agents or managers. Thankfully, technology has come to the rescue! Train ticket booking apps and software can remove the hassle and help secure the best deals on your rail journeys.
In this article, we'll highlight some of the best train ticket booking software available and help you decide which system is right for you.
Optimizing the booking experience for the user, some platforms are designed specifically for travel agents, while others are streamlined for businesses to use directly.
TravelPerkis an all-in-one business travel platform with an industry-leading inventory. TravelPerk's easy-to-use railway ticket booking system has functionalities and features to optimize your corporate travel management.
- An expansive inventory for booking business train travel with the best price guaranteed.
- Integration with existing train loyalty programs, including Amtrak Guest Rewards in the US and Canada, allows you to earn points directly through TravelPerk.
- Streamline the booking process by saving your discount railcards to your profile.
- A range of European company rail cards are supported, including all UK Rail National Railcards and options from Deutsche Bahn, Renfe, SBB, SNCF, and Thalys.
- Users can even book a London Day Travelcardfor unlimited travel in zones 1-6, valid on the London Underground, Elizabeth Line, Overground, DLR, buses, trams, and National Rail services. So you can hop from business meetings in Canary Wharf to a conference at ExCeL London and finish the day with dinner in Covent Garden.
- Receive quick responses from TravelPerk's dedicated in-house customer support team, available 24/7 for unlimited assistance.
- Take the stress out of cancellations with FlexiPerkand receive an 80% refund when canceling up to two hours in advance.
G2 rating 4.6 out of 5- correct as of October 2023
Capterra rating 4.7 out of 5- correct as of October 2023
TravelPerk offers a
free demoon its full range of plans, so you can try it before subscribing. Organizations can choose from a free Starter plan, a Premium plan from $99 per month, a Pro plan from $299 monthly, or customize to your individual needs with an Enterprise plan.
Celebrating its 10th anniversary in 2023, Fareharbor is the leading booking solution for tour operators, activity providers, attractions, and rental companies. Fareharbor provides bespoke train booking solutions, and a few standout features include:
- Mobile-optimized booking workflows provide a seamless customer experience on the go.
- Customize seat maps with Fareharbor's ticket management system and auto-assign seats for clients or let them choose their own for each booking.
- Available on iOS and Android, the Fareharbor mobile app offers real-time notifications, acts as a payment gateway, and makes it easy to maintain customer profile management in the office or on the road.
- Top API and OTA connections and distribution networks that will help increase your bookings.
- Access to white-glove SaaS onboarding from specialists and 24/7 multi-language customer support.
G2 rating 4.1 out of 5- correct as of October 2023
Capterra rating 4.8 out of 5- correct as of October 2023Fareharbor offers a range of solutions with free and paid plans. Interested travel agencies can reach out for detailed pricing and a complimentary demo.
Amadeus has been providing worldwide travel software solutions since 1987. A renowned booking tool, Amadeus users can access multiple rail operators and is designed with flexibility and ease in mind.
- Amadeus Rail Display is a train booking tool that displays all suitable rail options in one place and is fully integrated into travel agencies' processes.
- Real-time pricing and availability let you find the best deals and pick a suitable train schedule.
- Amadeus Air-Rail Display shows you rail and flight travel options together. This connectivity means you can compare or combine the two methods of transport with ease to optimize your client's journey.
- A clear and simple interface keeps staff training times to a minimum.
- Join the Amadeus Live Travel Community, a network of travel industry professionals. On this support platform, you can ask questions and share insights in this interactive forum.
G2 rating 4.5 out of 5- correct as of October 2023
Capterra rating 3.5 out of 5- correct as of October 2023
Amadeus pricing depends on the services you require and the size of your company and client base. Contact Amadeus to discuss your requirements and receive a tailored quotation.
Sqills is the global market leader in commercial off-the-shelf public transport reservations and ticketing systems. S3 Passenger, Sqills' fully scalable, modular web-based platform, is a comprehensive sales and distribution solution for rail and bus operators.
It's currently used in 10 countries by over 38 operators, including VIA Rail, SJ and Eurostar. Although Sqills mainly serves transportation providers, its software can help travel agencies and management companies broaden services, streamline operations, and improve the travel booking experience for customers.
- 1000s of out-of-the-box features so you can be up and running quickly with reliable technology.
- Integration with S3 Passenger gives your clients access to Sqills' large inventory of available train and bus tickets, which are updated in real-time.
- S3 Passenger also handles the sale of ancillary services, such as seat reservations, onboard amenities, and insurance.
- Dynamic pricing and revenue optimization tools let you adjust fares and promotions to maximize profits and competitiveness.
- Reporting tools track performance, analyze booking trends, and make data-driven suggestions to improve your services.
G2 ratingas of October 2023
Capterra rating 4 out of 5- correct as of October 2023
Sqills offers a free trial, and you can organize an appointment to discuss your company's needs and relevant pricing.
Based in Italy, Netstorming has almost two decades of experience developing software for the travel and tourism sector. It has four main product offerings, including Castle, a B2B and B2C online booking engine.
Travel product options include train tickets, flights, car rentals, hotel bookings, and tours. Netstorming's train ticketing software is aimed at travel agencies, tour operators, and destination management companies (DMCs), and highlights include:
- XML integration services of trains and railways allow seamless data sharing, including timetables, fares, and availability.
- Ability to manage rail deals and offers so customers can access competitive prices.
- Customers can make secure payments by credit card and have the option to pay a deposit upfront and the remaining balance later.
- Clients are offered dedicated servers for greater flexibility and performance.
- Netstorming offers a team of software developers to provide speedy technical assistance.
No G2 rating as of October 2023
No Capterra rating as of October 2023
You can book a consultation with a Netstorming sales rep to learn about its bespoke pricing plans and software solution options.